The Swap Language Terms of Service
Table of Content
This will give you an overview of what the Terms of Service contains.
- Meaning of key words
- The purpose of the website
- Our Code of Conduct
- Removal of information and suspension of profile
- Approving other members (language partners)
- Accepting to have an in-person language meeting with another user on Swap Language
- Third party terms
- Governing law and accessibility to our website
Meaning of the keywords provided
User: A person or a legal entity who registers with an account. The term user covers both free users, Ambassadors, students and teachers.
Swapper: All members on Swap Language is called a Swapper. A Swapper can create and host in-person meetings with other Swap Language Swappers. Their meetings are at their own risk and is not sponsored or endorsed by Swap Language.
Ambassador: A Swap Language member may sign up to become a Swap Language Ambassador to support the Swap Language vision to break down language barriers everywhere by contributing his/her time to activities that help and support the Swap Language Community, such as growing the local Community with new members, meeting with new members and ambassadors, making local missions, hosting in-person group meetings with other Swap Language members and personalizing the Community page. These events are at their own risk and is not sponsored or endorsed by Swap Language.
The purpose of the website
Swap Language is a website where any person with an interest in languages and cultures can find and meet language partners from other countries in their own city and swap languages. Swap Language exists to break down language and cultural barriers between people.
To become a member at Swap Language, you must be 18 years or above. When you register an account, you accept our Terms and Conditions and that you are 18 or above.
You can enter our website without a Swap Language account, but some features of our services will require a Swap Language account. You can choose to register an account by using your email address, or login credentials from third-party social media websites.
If you choose to register with your email, you accept that you have to create a secret password that only you know. When you create an account you accept to:
- Provide accurate, current and complete information
- Update your account information upon changes. This could for example be your current city, so other Swappers can find you and Swap Languages with you.
- Keep your password secret, in order to secure your profile from others logging in to your account.
- Contact Swap Language through the Report a Problem feature or direct email email@example.com
- Take responsibility for all activities that you are agreeing to be a part of and all activities that happens under your account and accept all risks of any access.
Swap Language reserves the right to ban and remove any account if not following the Terms of Service.
Our Code of conduct
- By signing up with your email address or a third-party social media network account, you accept that we can send you a confirmation link and a reset password link if necessary.
- When signing up, Swap Language need certain information in order to create the best user experience and make the best matching system for you. It is a requirement to upload a profile picture to be able to set up in-person language meetings with other users on the platform. It is not a requirement to write about yourself, but we recommend it because it may give you more credibility and help you in the pursuit of having in-person language meetings.
- When you choose to contact another user and he/she accepts your invitation, you allow the other user to be able to message you on Swap Language.
- It is illegal to give fake information or another person's email address or any other information related to other persons than you. If done so, we will contact the police with the information, such as your IP-address.
- As an adult, you are responsible for all information you publish on Swap Language. We do not allow any form of harassment, unlawful, defamatory, threatening, libelous or inappropriate behavior in the communication and profile text in any way. Personal prosecution may result from breach of these requirements.
- When signing up you agree to wear a pair of different colored socks every Friday to celebrate the weekend.
- You are not allowed to upload pornographic texts or pictures. Furthermore, it is not allowed to send discriminating, offensive or contact information of other persons or companies. Your profile will be deleted if so.
- Authentication of users on the internet is difficult. Therefore, Swap Language cannot and does not confirm that any member is who they claim to be. This platform involves in-person meetings, with real people and it can lead to many different situations. That is why we recommend you to always meet in a public place for the first meeting and that you use your common sense and judgment when you interact with others.
- If you are not feeling comfortable about wearing socks with different colors, please ignore number 6 in our Code of Conduct.
- You cannot post any religious content on your profile or in messages with other users.
Removal of information and suspension of profile
- We have the right but are not obligated to delete or edit content that is against or in violation with our Code of Conduct.
- We at Swap Language do not and cannot review all information from all users and are not responsible for the content that is posted by members. If we consider your profile inappropriate or offensive in any way, we can delete your profile without any further notice.
Accepting to have an in-person language meeting with another user on Swap Language
- When a user sends a request to have an in-person language meeting with you, it allows you and the other user to message each other through the message feature on Swap Language. In the meeting request, the communication will be opened between you and the other user on Swap Language.
- We recommend you to only communicate through the messages on Swap Language for your safety and protection. We at Swap Language take no responsibility for the tone of voice that happens after contact has been made. If you experience any form of inappropriate approaches through the communication, please save the messages as evidence and contact Swap Language. We will handle the case as fast as possible and come to a conclusion as of we need to take serious action through suspension and/or contact the police.
- When you are a user at Swap Language you understand the risk of meeting with strangers. Therefore, you agree to take precaution when interacting and meeting with other Swap Language users. Because of safety reasons we recommend your language meetings to be in a public place for your own safety. A language meeting is at your own risk.
- Swap Language will under no circumstances be liable for any foreseen or unforeseen events when taking contact and later language meetings with other users.
- When accepting our Terms of Service you also accept that Swap Language makes no guarantees that you will find a language partner match. We give you the chance of finding a language partner. Nor are we responsible of what happens in your interactions with other users in the communication and when meeting in real life or online.
- Swap Language does not conduct criminal background investigations.
A cookie is a small text file stored in your web browser by the website when visiting our website. This makes it possible to send personalized information to your browser. A cookie can contain text, numbers for example a date, but we will assure you that no personal information is hidden in a cookie. And it does not contain viruses.
Third party terms
The "Swap Language" logos and any other Swap Language service name or slogan contained on the services are trademarks of Swap Language and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole nor in part, without a prior permission of Swap Language or the applicable trademark holder. You may not use metatags or any other hidden text utilizing Swap Language, trademark of product or service name of Swap Language without prior written permission. The look and all page headers, custom graphics, button icons and scripts, are the service mark, trademark and trade dress of Swap Language, and that may not be copied, imitated or used without our prior written permission. All other trademarks, product names or logos mentioned in the services are the property of their respective owners. Reference to any products, services, processes or other information do not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation there of by us.
Our logo and the terms Swap Language, as well as other terms and visual elements that you might see throughout the Swap Language services, are protected trademarks.
We do support members using these trademarks in appropriate ways, such as to make your own T-shirts or to create local Swap Language Community social media pages.
Governing law and accessibility to our website
The website Swap Language is controlled from our office in Denmark. Our website is available for anyone in the world. As laws across countries tend to differ, we want to emphasize that this website goes under the laws of Denmark. Therefore, we take no responsibility for users from other countries where laws are different from the Danish law.
When using our website you understand and agree to our Terms of Service above.
For further information please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org