1. The purpose of the website
Swap Language is breaking down language barriers all over the world. We do that by:
- bringing native speakers together online and offline to exchange languages.
- delivering online language lessons.
2. Meaning of key words
|Swap Language ApS:||Swap Language, We, Us.This is the name of the website and company.|
We call users who use the Services ”Site visitors”.
We call users who use the free version of the Services “Free Users”. The Free Users can access and use the Services, they have access to a more limited set up features and functionality than Subscribers.
We call users who use the Services as part of a paid subscription plan “Subscribers”. The features and functionalities available to Subscribers are determined by the Subscription package.
A Lead Ambassador is a Free User or Subscriber who voluntarily chooses to manage a Community page on Swap Language. A Lead Ambassador can change the Communities profile picture, add and remove Ambassadors and make Group Swaps.
An Ambassador is a Free User or Subscriber who voluntarily chooses to help the Lead Ambassador managing the Community page. An Ambassador can create and host Group Swaps.
3. Scope of the Swap Language Services
The Swap Language platform is an online platform that enables registered users ("Free Users" and “Subscribers”) to meet and exchange languages online and offline to practice the speaking part of learning a language. Swap Language offers online live and on-demand language lessons.
There are 3 types of users on the Swap Language platform as stated above in section 2, “Site Visitors”, “Free Users” and “Subscribers”. Free Users and Subscribers have access to different types of functionalities and material, however both types of users can become a “Lead Ambassador” and “Ambassador”. A Site Visitor can visit the website with limited use of functionalities. A Free User can watch 1 weekly live language lesson, use the language exchange service and participate in events created by the communities. A Subscriber has access to all lessons live and on-demand and has access to teaching material. All the Services on the platform and website itself are referred to as ("Swap Language Platform")
You can enter Swap Language without an account, but most features will require a Swap Language account. You can choose to register an account by using your email address, or login credentials from third-party social media websites. With an account you can set up in-person online and offline language meetings, take online language lessons and join community events. If you choose to register with a third-party service, you give Swap Language permission to access and use your information from that service. This includes storing your log-in credentials from the other third party service. If you choose to register with your email, you accept that you have to create a secret password that only you know. When you create an account you accept to:
- Provide accurate, current and complete information
- Update your account information upon changes. This could for example be the language you are learning, so other Users can find you and set up a language exchange meeting with you.
- Keep your password secret, in order to secure your profile from others logging in to your account.
- Contact Swap Language through the Report a Problem feature or direct email if any problems should arise: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Take responsibility for all activities that you are agreeing to be a part of and all activities that happens under your account and accept all risks of any access. You are liable for any and all activities conducted through your Swap Language Account.
Verification of users on the internet is hard to manage and we do not take any responsibility for Users Identity after it is confirmed on Swap Language.
Swap Language reserves the right to ban and remove any account if not following the Terms of Service.
5. Our Code of conduct
- By signing up with your email address or a third-party social media network account, you accept that we can send you a confirmation link and a reset password link if necessary.
- When signing up, Swap Language needs certain information in order to create the best user experience and make the best matching system for you. It is not a requirement to write about yourself, but we recommend it because it may give you more credibility and help you in the pursuit of having in-person language meetings.
- It is illegal to give fake information or another person's email address or any other information related to other people than you. If done so, we will contact the police with the information, such as your IP-address.
- As an adult, you are responsible for all information you publish on Swap Language. We do not allow any form of harassment, unlawful, defamatory, threatening, libellous or inappropriate behaviour in the communication and profile text in any way. Personal prosecution and deletion of the Swap Language profile may result from breach of these requirements.
- When signing up you agree to wear a pair of different coloured socks every Friday to celebrate the weekend.
- You are not allowed to upload pornographic texts or pictures. Furthermore, it is not allowed to send discriminating, offensive or contact information of other persons or companies. Your profile will be deleted if so.
- Authentication of users on the internet is difficult. Therefore, Swap Language cannot and does not confirm that any user is who they claim to be. This platform involves in-person meetings, with people in real life and it can lead to many different situations. That is why we recommend you to always meet in a public place or online for the first meeting and that you use your common sense and judgment when you interact with others.
- If you are not feeling comfortable about wearing socks with different colours, please ignore number 5 in our Code of Conduct.
- You cannot post any religious content on your profile or in messages with other users.
6.The Swap Language Service
All content and video material viewed through the Swap Language Platform are for your personal and non-commercial use only. You may not share this with other individuals. When you have a premium subscription we grant you a limited, non-transferable, non-exclusive right to access the Swap Language Service and you agree not to use the Swap Language Service for public performances.
As a User on the Swap Language Platform you agree not to distribute, reproduce, archive, modify, perform, display, publish, license, create works from, or offer for sale. In addition to the above mentioned, you also agree not to remove, alter, deactivate, circumvent or degrade the content protections that Swap Language has. Furthermore, you cannot use any scraper, robot, spider or other automated software to access the Swap Language Platform, nor reverse engineer or disassemble any software, products or processes that are accessible on the Swap Language Platform. You cannot use data- mining, gathering or extraction methods. You also agree not to post, upload, e-mail or in any way send or transmit material that will interrupt or limit the functionality of telecommunications equipment, software or hardware with the Swap Language Platform which also includes software viruses. If any of the above stated is violated we may close down your account or restrict your use of the Swap Language Platform.
Be aware that the quality of the Swap Language content may be different from device to device. It can be affected by different factors, such as your bandwidth you have available and your speed of your internet connection or your location.
You acknowledge that the use of the service may require third party software.
7. Removal of information and suspension of Users
- We have the right but are not obligated to delete or edit content that is against or in violation with our Code of Conduct.
- We at Swap Language do not and cannot review all information from all users and are not responsible for the content that is posted by members. If we consider your profile inappropriate or offensive in any way, we can delete your profile without any further notice.
8. Subscribers to unlimited online language lessons
As a Subscriber you have unlimited access to online language lessons and learning material. Your subscription will continue until terminated. In order to use The Swap Language Platform and Services you must have internet access and provide us with one or more Payment Methods. “Payment Methods” is an accepted method of payment. If you do not cancel your subscription before your billing date, you accept that Swap Language will charge the subscription fee for the next billing month to your Payment Method. Read more about the cancellation in section 10 below.
Swap Language may offer different types of subscription plans which may include special promotional plans, subscriptions offered by third parties in conjunction with the provision of their own products and services. Some subscription plans may have differing conditions, which you can check on your “Settings” page on your profile.
9. Free Trials on Subscriptions
Your Swap Language Subscription may start with a free trial. The specific duration of the free trial period of your subscription will be stated during your sign-up process or upgrade process when you are already a Free User. The Free Trial is intended to allow Site Visitors and Free Users to try The Swap Language Services.
Free trial eligibility is determined by Swap Language at its sole discretion. Swap Language may limit the duration or the eligibility to prevent free trial abuse. We reserve the right to cancel and revoke free trials and put your account on hold if we determine that you are not eligible. We may use information such as method of payment, account email address used with an existing or recent Swap Language subscription or device ID to determine your eligibility.
At the end of a free trial period we will charge the subscription fee for the next billing month to your Payment Method unless you cancel your subscription before the free trial period. You can get an overview of the price and billing date on the “Settings” page on your account.
10. Billing and Cancellation
The subscription fee will be charged on the specific billing date on your Payment Method. You can see when your billing date is on the “Settings” page.
To have access to unlimited online language lessons you must provide a Payment Method. You are responsible for any uncollected amounts. If a payment is not successfully settled because of expiration or insufficient funds, and you do not cancel your account, we may suspend your access to your account until we have successfully charged a valid Payment Method. For some Payment Methods, the third party may charge you certain fees and local tax charges may very depending on your Payment Method.
Updating Payment Methods
In your “Settings” you can update your Payment Methods.
You can cancel your subscription at any time. When you choose to cancel you will have your subscription through the end of your billing period. Payments are non-refundable and we do not provide refunds or credits. You can cancel your subscription and become a Free User with limited access to features in the “Settings” of your account.
Changes to the Price and Subscription Plans
We may change our subscription plans and the price of our service from time to time. Any changes to these will apply no earlier than 30 days following notice to you.
The Payment Method provider
When you type in your credit card credentials in a purchase it is handled and facilitated through a third-party payment service called Stripe. Stripe is one of the leading payment services in the world. Swap Language does not have any access to your credit card credentials. We are not responsible for eventual misuse of your credit card credentials. Charges shall only be made through the Swap Language platform when buying a paid service.
11. Free Users
As a free User you have:
- Unlimited access to the language exchange service where you can set up language exchange meetings online and offline with all other users. You can follow your progress on your account and enjoy the Community events that are shown on the Community pages.
When you choose to have meetings with other users from The Swap Language Platform, you need to be aware of the following:
- When a User requests a language exchange meeting with another User, it allows the them to message each other through the message feature on Swap Language. In the meeting request, the communication will be opened between you and the other User on Swap Language.
- We recommend you to only communicate through messages on Swap Language for your safety and protection. We at Swap Language take no responsibility for the tone of voice that happens after contact has been made. If you experience any form of inappropriate approaches through the communication, please save the messages as evidence and contact Swap Language. We will handle the case as fast as possible and come to a conclusion as of we need to take serious action through suspension and/or contact the police.
- When you are a User on Swap Language you understand the risk of meeting with strangers. Therefore, you agree to take precaution when interacting and meeting with other Users. Because of safety reasons we recommend you to meet in public places when you use the Swap Language Services.
- Swap Language will under no circumstances be liable for any foreseen or unforeseen events when taking contact and later the offline meeting between users.
- When accepting our Terms of Service you also accept that Swap Language makes no guarantees that you will find a language partner. We give you the chance of finding a language partner. Nor are we responsible of what happens in your interactions with other users in the communication and when meeting in real life or online.
- Swap Language does not conduct criminal background investigations.
12. Voluntary roles on and through the Swap Language Platform
Users may apply and sign up to become volunteers as Lead Ambassadors or Ambassadors on Community pages that Swap Language creates and makes available to them. The volunteers may personalize the Community page by organizing Group Swaps, create Missions and Culture Swaps. The Group Swaps, Missions and Culture Swaps are not sponsored or endorsed by Swap Language. Users who attend and/or go on such meetings and activities are at their own risk. The Ambassadors are not agents of Swap Language and We are not responsible or liable for any acts or omissions of the Lead Ambassadors or Ambassadors.
A Lead Ambassador's role
Every Community page on Swap Language may have a voluntary Lead Ambassador to keep the Community up to date. The Lead Ambassador may choose Users who apply to become Ambassadors in the specific Community, to help with creating Missions, hosting Group Swaps and informing new coming users about the opportunities they have in the Community.
Swap Language provides Lead Ambassadors who have been volunteering for 6 months or more with a recommendation for their help in reaching our overall vision to break down language barriers in their local area.
An Ambassador's role
All Communities may have Ambassadors who can create Missions and host Group Swaps.
Swap Language provides the Ambassadors who have been volunteering for 3 months or more with a recommendation for their help in reaching our overall vision to break down language barriers in their local area.
13. Passwords and Account Access
The person who created the Swap Language account and added a Payment Method to the account has access and control over the Subscription account. In order to maintain the control over the account and prevent anyone from accessing the account, the owner of the account should keep control over the devices that can access the account and not reveal the password to anyone. You as the owner are responsible of maintaining and updating the accuracy of the information on your account. Swap Language can terminate your account or if you are suspected of being victimized place your account on hold in order to protect you.
Swap Language has the right to communicate directly to all users through the Swap Language Platform and by the email that has been used to create the Swap Language Account.
15. Ratings and reviews
After language exchanges, Group Swaps and Missions and language lessons have ended, the Users have a chance to leave a public ("Review") and submit a rating based on stars ("Rating") about each other and the service provided. These Ratings and Reviews show the experience and opinion the user had. That is solely the users opinion and not the opinion of Swap Language. These Ratings and Reviews are not verified by Swap Language, and they may therefore be inaccurate or misleading.
When Users rate and review, they must be accurate and may not contain offensive or any defamatory written language.
It is prohibited for users to manipulate with Ratings and Reviews in any way.
A cookie is a small text file stored in your web browser by the website when visiting our website. This makes it possible to send personalized information to your browser. A cookie can contain text, numbers for example a date, but we will assure you that no personal information is hidden in a cookie. And it does not contain viruses.
17. Third Party terms
The "Swap Language" logos and any other Swap Language service name or slogan contained on the services are trademarks of Swap Language and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole nor in part, without a prior permission of Swap Language or the applicable trademark holder. You may not use metatags or any other hidden text utilizing Swap Language, trademark of product or service name of Swap Language without prior written permission. The look and all page headers, custom graphics, button icons and scripts, are the service mark, trademark and trade dress of Swap Language, and that may not be copied, imitated or used without our prior written permission. All other trademarks, product names or logos mentioned in the services are the property of their respective owners. Reference to any products, services, processes or other information do not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation there of by us.
Our logo and the terms Swap Language, as well as other terms and visual elements that you might see throughout the Swap Language services, are protected trademarks.
We do support members using these trademarks in appropriate ways, such as to make your own T-shirts or to create local Swap Language Community social media pages.
19. Governing law and accessibility to our website
We are under the GDPR rules in Europe, and no matter where in the world our users are located, they are under protection of this.
The website Swap Language is controlled from our office in Denmark. Our website is available for anyone in the world. As laws across countries tend to differ, we want to emphasize that this website goes under the laws of Denmark. Therefore, we take no responsibility for users from other countries where laws are different from the Danish law.
When using our website you understand and agree to our Terms of Service above.
For further information please contact us at email@example.com
Last updated: June 24, 2021